- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
* Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Anaconda Community Edition at minimum - Platform is an Anaconda Enterprise edition
The role of the IT Technical Specialist in GRA is to take responsibility for delivery of the technical implementation for a major, group-wide, regulatory programme: Global Risk Analytics - Strategic Analytics Platform. The job holder conducts the build and implementation of solutions, which are aligned with group standards, IT and business strategy, meet business objectives and satisfy all relevant regulatory and operational risk controls. They will work closely with the Lead IT Product Owner for GRA as well Business Representatives to ensure solutions align to the wider architecture principles across GRA.
There are a number of key stakeholders involved, including the Product Owner for GRA IT the Technical Product Manager for GRA and Change Delivery leads in the GRA team.
The role holder will be responsible for the implementation of the IT design and support of the environment while also providing important guidance on industry best practice,
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acts as a subject matter expert for IT Solutions within the GRA Strategic Analytics Domain, covering the GRA data science platform.
- Instrumental in the implementation and delivery of technical solutions.
- Ensures that non-functional requirements are clearly understood, rationale for holistic design & its components are provided, designs are peer reviewed and endorsed by the appropriate Solutions Architecture Board (SAB).
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise IT and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams.
- Customer focus - improves customer service, effectively engages customers, colleagues and stakeholders to build a trust-based relationship and deliver a connected service. Keeps up to date with HSBC strategy and external trends, using the information to enhance customer service.
- Strengthening stakeholder relationships, builds relationships. Uses organisational knowledge and contacts to help stakeholders like HOST Managers & Architects, HOST IT Domain Leads and Cyber Security Risk Managers to maximise networking opportunities, uses relationship management skills/tools to responsibly influence decisions and stakeholder advocacy.
- Ensure that the highest level of quality is provided for all activities and products.
- Work closely within DevOps PODs to promote design best practice and ensure solutions align to architecture designs and principles.
- Ensure that any new technology products are taken through the Technology Design Board (TDB) clear choice/proof of concept.
- Ensure that all existing/new service patterns/deployments guides are taken through the appropriate governance boards and processes.
- Ensure technical design decisions and artefacts are delivered within the programme timeframes, reporting progress and identify and raise any issues/risks, escalating as appropriate to enable satisfactory resolution, following the Decision driven design processes.
- Adopt an agile mind-set and approach to solution delivery.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Anaconda Community Edition at minimum - Platform is an Anaconda Enterprise edition with onsite air gapped repository, experience in this platform not pre requisite.
- Data Science Dev Ops Pipeline and Tooling and deployment and support of this tooling through Jenkins, Jira will become important during the implementation of this solution .
- Data science tooling experience, deep and varied understanding of available python libraries and their implementation, preferably with a quant / analytics background or similar.
- Awareness of emerging cloud technologies preferred, AWS or GCP, and their use within data science
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Anaconda, Python 2.7 and Python 3.5, R, Repository management, across Unix and Windows platforms
- Exposure to Docker and related container technologies beneficial to support new initiatives not essential
- Exposure to AI and Machine Learning solutions, either with academic or industry experience
- Infrastructure Support and systems Implementation experience preferable, but not essential
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Experience of working within the Finance or Risk domain
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Business facing IT roles, must possess outstanding communication and problem solving skills.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Finance or related fields
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. Technical role, with exposure to Enterprise level solutions, must possess very good verbal and written business/IT partner interaction skills
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. Availability to undertake the travel required for this role i.e. some national travel
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Operating in a global role is desirable but not essential
- Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
- The ability to understand and interpret straightforward financial data
- Experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate have had experience working in similar organisation, working in an technical implementation or similar IT Role, the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and the ability to blend the technical environment with the programme/project requirements, including interim and strategic solutions.