Analyst, FI Balance & Ratings Sheet Advisory
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
We're hiring an Analyst to join Financial Institutions Balance & Ratings Sheet Advisory in London
- This role in NatWest Markets Content & Advisory is a chance to join the Financial Institutions Balance Sheet & Ratings Advisory team
- You'll gain a detailed understanding of the banking sector and regulatory framework, and will champion an integrated approach across asset and liabilities to nurture client dialogue
- The role is available at analyst level
- This vacancy opens for applications on 1 August 2018, and closes on 29 August 2018
What you'll do
This role will see you assisting in performing in-depth analysis of banks and financial institutions, including developing financial models, and contributing to developing and marketing ideas, and executing transactions. In the course of your work you'll acquire knowledge of rating agencies' methodologies relating to financial institutions, and will work on ratings advisory pitches. You'll also apply your rating advisory skills in a broader fashion, helping to foster business opportunities.
Your responsibilities in the role will include:
- Carrying out in-depth company and sector research, analysing data and drawing financial and strategic conclusions from the work
- Develop and sensitise financial models
- Helping to generate ideas and write presentations to originate new transactions
- Contributing pitch book production, and to workstreams on transaction execution
- Applying the NatWest Markets toolkit to address client needs
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with at least an undergraduate degree in Finance or a related field, ideally with a focus on investment banking. You'll have knowledge of complex financial modelling and valuation techniques, including bank balance sheet, capital, and funding optimisation modelling, and will have deep knowledge of banking regulation across different European jurisdictions. Experience of helping clients with their funding and regulatory needs in a FI debt capital markets context would also be welcome, though not essential.
We'll also expect:
- Experience using Bloomberg, Dealogic and Factset, as well proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of conducting detailed industry research
- Experience preparing client pitch books and marketing materials, and of preparing client profiles and maintain large databases
- Proven analytical skills, with the ability to identify opportunities that help clients meet their strategic objectives
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and pension funding. We also offer a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.