Assistant Relationship Manager - Corporate Banking
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 19 Sep 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Assistant Relationship Manager - Corporate Banking, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - UK//London.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
The Assistant Relationship Manager (ARM) is primarily responsible for providing proactive and effective support to the Senior Relationship Manager (SRM) through the lifecycle of the client from KYC/On-boarding/Account Opening to daily actions including payments and administration, together with ongoing relationship and credit management and monitoring.
- Proactively assist in the implementation of the strategies and plans to achieve all volume, revenue, development and profit targets for the SRM's customer portfolio.
- Proactively support the SRM in upholding and monitoring full compliance with prevailing best corporate banking practice. - Proactively support SRM in maintaining and developing customer relationships, acting as an alternative to an SRM, as required.
- To act in the full capacity of an RM taking responsibility for a designated portfolio, as required.
- Proactively support the SRM to develop and manage both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets, in compliance with QNB policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices.
- Assist the SRM to prepare comprehensive credit proposals for new / prospective customers that adequately address all relevant risk factors and satisfy minimum acceptable standards of QNB corporate credit.
- Assist the SRM to prepare comprehensive credit reviews and detailed financial monitoring for existing customer facilities, at least one month before limit expiry, that adequately address all relevant and current risk factors and the latest developments in the industry, market and business.
- Assist the SRM in monitoring SRM's customer credit positions for full compliance with set limits and QNB's Investment and Credit Strategy.
- Degree or Diploma.
- At least 4-6 years relevant experience in the banking industry, preferably with a large local / International Bank.
- Exposure/experience in KYC and Compliance process would be an advantage with an understanding of the depth and quality of information required to demonstrate compliance with required regulatory standards for individuals and corporate entities.
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking and Lending disciplines including preparation of Credit papers, security and covenant monitoring and completion of financial analysis.
- Good communication skills are essential together with an ability to engage with and manage multiple stakeholders from local Operations, Relationship and Senior Management to wider Head Office and international stakeholders.
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and any regulations for the corporate banking customer segment.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV