Assistant Vice President - Regulatory Reporting Subject Matter Expert (SME) - Operations
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Regulatory Operations Assurance team is a new team within Operations whose key function is to provide Assurance to senior management and stakeholders that our Regulatory Reporting is complete, accurate and timely across all reporting regimes.
Main purpose of the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Regulatory Reporting SME to join the Regulatory Operations Assurance function within Operations. The main focus of the role is to manage and own the governance and control of all regulatory reporting changes, to ensure that all changes do not negatively impact the ‘completeness’ and ‘accuracy’ of MUFG’s trade & transaction reporting.
The role involves setting up and implementing a robust governance and control framework focussing on providing the appropriate assurance to ensure that ‘production changes’ do not negatively impact regulatory trade/transaction reporting. This includes taking ownership/signoff of any fixes/implementations on behalf of Operations, checking and validating changes from a regulatory perspective and assisting with the UAT testing process and signoff.
The candidate would need strong regulatory reporting ‘hands on’ knowledge across a number of regulatory reporting regimes with experience of ‘best practice’ in governance and controls in a regulatory reporting environment.
To be the Operations regulatory reporting delivery ‘gatekeeper’ by defining and implementing the necessary governance and controls to ensure the firm maintains its regulatory reporting obligations when implementing change.
This would include:
- Define and implement a governance & control framework around ‘Change’ to ensure production changes do not impact regulatory trade & transaction reporting.
- Ensure all changes that could impact regulatory reporting obligations follow the defined governance & control framework.
- Work closely with Change, Technology, Compliance and other areas within Operations to ensure all Regulatory reporting deliverables are implemented accurately across all regimes and at the appropriate priority.
- Implement ’best practices’ in terms of validating current regulatory reporting requirements and ensure future reporting requirements and changes adhere to these ‘best practices’.
- Assist with the UAT process and testing of changes that impact regulatory reporting and provide the appropriate signoff for Operations.
- Define and template appropriate tests strategies & test cases required to detect issues of under-reporting, over-reporting and miss-reporting.
- Understanding the current regulatory reporting governance, controls and architecture in place at MUFG [Front to Back]
- Build and roll out appropriate MI to provide impactful and concise information as to the status of regulatory change.
Skills and experience:
Candidate's will ideally have:
- Strong working understanding of reporting requirements primarily under MiFID II, EMIR, CFTC and knowledge of ASICS and HKMA and CSA as secondary.
- Good product knowledge across Equities, Bonds, ETD’s and OTC derivatives.
- Effective at network building and forming relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in matrix structure and to leverage the input / engagement of colleagues in other departments
- Strong functional knowledge of operations and trade life cycles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with core Microsoft desktop software
Preffered additional skills / experience:
- Bloomberg / Fidessa / Murex knowledge/experience
- Technical background that could help interrogate Trade messages and/or data such as XML.
- Knowledge of APA/ARM software for transaction reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach to work
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.