Associate, Acquisition Finance - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Ireland
- 14 Sep 18 2018-09-14
Global Acquisition Finance is a core business within the larger Bank of Ireland group, with offices in Dublin, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stamford and Chicago. Global Acquisition Finance’s mandate is to originate, arrange and structure acquisition debt facilities in support of leading private equity clients. The business has a substantial loan book with assets sourced across the UK, European and the US leveraged loan markets.
Bank of Ireland is one of the more active Lead Arrangers in the European and US leveraged finance markets and we are now looking to strengthen the London team with an Associate.
As an Associate, you will be involved in start-to-end deal execution including the following:
- Review, interpret and challenge third party due diligence reports;
- Ownership of financial modelling pertaining to a transaction;
- Assist senior deal team members to prepare the credit application including credit paper, financial model and other supporting documentation;
- Support a regulatory and compliance culture and ensuring all requirements are met at all times;
- Proactive networking and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders (such as advisors and targeted private equity firms);
- Represent the Bank at customer and advisor meetings.
- 3 years + post-graduate finance / banking / credit experience preferably in a Leveraged Finance context;
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting / interpretation of accounts;
- Exposure to credit risk evaluation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
An established and entrepreneurial Global Acquisition Finance team is seeking interested candidates with the ability to function in a flexible environment. The position offers excellent development potential across all aspects of leverage finance. An attractive remuneration package will apply to the position.