GFT is driving the digital transformation of the world’s leading financial institutions. Other sectors, such as industry and insurance, also leverage GFT’s strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0, and blockchain.
With its in-depth technological expertise, strong partnerships and scalable IT solutions, GFT increases productivity in software development. This provides clients with faster access to new IT applications and innovative business models, while also reducing risk.
We are looking for a technologist to join the GFT team and help build out our rapidly expanding Azure, GCP and AWS businesses. This position will be based in London but limited international travel may be required. The potential and variety of the work that GFT is supporting our clients with is truly mind-blowing.
The role will be within the Azure practice, but there are opportunities to work on number of projects including some that are GCP or AWS focussed.
● Understanding of the interaction of alternate technologies with incumbent technology (looking for industry / technology awareness)
● Ability to manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements
● Balancing best of breed technical implementation with the commercial / business schedule and work within budget imperatives
● Ability to work to deadlines
● Knowledge of development practices in a DevOps culture.
● Strong technical, architectural and design skills
● Identify problems, and provide range of solutions
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• You will join a project engineering team and focus on adding hands-on expertise, ensuring outcomes meet the highest technical and agile standards.
• Strong knowledge of Windows & Linux based systems
• DevOps background/experience
• Experience with configuration management tools and infrastructure as code; primarily ARM templates, Terraform or Powershell DSC.
• Secondary knowledge in one of the following is an advantage; Puppet, Chef or Ansible
• Knowledge of Azure & it’s core services; Subscriptions, VNETs, ExpressRoute, Storage Accounts, Application Gateways, SQL, CosmosDB, Monitor, Event Hub, Functions, LogicApps, WebApps, Virtual Machines
• Knowledge of basic Azure security controls; NSGs, Firewalls, Security Center & Azure Policy
• Previous Azure data experience a bonus (Datalake, DataBricks, Synapse, Stream Analytics)
• Scripting ability (ideally Python or Powershell)
• Knowledge or experience of GCP
• Knowledge of Containers and Container Orchestration such as Docker or Kubernetes
• A passion for open source technologies and the open source community
• Demonstrable experience in cloud-automation
• Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
• Demonstrable experience across a range of DevOps tooling:
○ CI – Jenkins/TeamCity/CircleCI/Azure DevOps
○ SCM – Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab
○ Testing - JMeter/Cucumber/Pester
● Documentation: Jira, Confluence
● An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
● Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
● An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
● The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kanban
● Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
● Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
● A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
● Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of like minded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987 and located in 13 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 5,000 people. GFT provides them with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation. The GFT Technologies SE share is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange