BFC Product Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
BFC Product Associate
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: CEEMEA (FICC Emerging Markets)
Want to have daily interactions and exposures internally with stakeholders across Trading, Technology, Market Risk and Operations? This could be the next step in your career.
We are currently recruiting for a Local Currency Trading Business Finance and Control Product Associate where you will work in an exciting and challenging role within our CFO function.
The CFO area of the Bank offer great Internal Mobility options so if you want to build your career in Chester within the same business then this role could be the right fit for you. Within this team you see different products within fixed income which is a key selling point for this team. You get to be the trader's main point of contact.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Supervision and oversight of P&L analysis and commentary
- Independent price verification, accounting disclosures
- Liquidity valuation and prudential valuation adjustments
- Completion of more technically complex tasks on an ad-hoc basis, such as business reviews, project development, and new trade analysis
- Oversee complex products in complex markets
- Supervise work covered in India and Chester
What skills/competencies will you possess?
- Numerical degree or equivalent (Maths, Science or Engineering) would be an advantage
- ACA or other accountancy qualification or experience
- Advanced level in Excel
- Interest or experience in coding - e.g. VBA
- Exposure to Fixed Income products and Emerging Markets preferable
- Knowledge of front to back and accounting essential
- Technical - Fixed income products and banking and finance systems
- Behavioral - leadership, communication, analytical and strong at problem solving
- Professional - culture carrier, proactive and self-aware
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.