BI / ETL Developer
- GBP400 - GBP401 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- 12 Jul 18 2018-07-12
The successful will be assigned to the Smart Data Analytics team, to work in partnership with GCA, to deliver and help shape the ETL, data lake and presentation layer solution. The programme requires enthusiastic and committed individuals, having previous experience on developing etl and database designs and working in an agile environment.
Business Intelligence developer
Background: The Smart Data Analytics team is redesign its flow stack to collect and conform Sales figures for Global Markets, as well as add new flows.
Our current stack utilises Microsoft SQL Server BI Suit, Python, Alteryx and Java.
The main objective of the solution is to be the central repository for sales information data for all Global Markets.
The role of the Developer will be to:
- Deliver on tasks in an Agile methodology.
- Design and develop ETL processes to integrate new data requirements.
- Design and develop new ETL processes for our Data delivery to reduce our time to market.
- Develop ETL processes using SSIS, Python and C#
- Work closely with the business and BA/PM's to deliver agreed solutions
- Provide 3rd level support, liaising either with the support team or with the business directly.
Skills / Qualifications The candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
* Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2014/2016, Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
* Comprehensive knowledge of ETL in Python.
* Expertise in data warehouse design
* Experience of .Net within SQL Server, Analysis Services and Integration Services
* Experience with Agile/Lean development
* Knowledge of the following languages / concepts:
* Microsoft .NET and C#
* SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2014/2016
The following experience would be desirable:
* Financial Banking business knowledge (products / exchanges)
* Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development
* Data lineage analysis
Core Competencies Candidates should have/be able to demonstrate:
- Good level of experience in a delivery focussed development team
- Strong developer and architectural appreciation, happy to develop
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenge