Big Data Engineer
The positive feel of a start-up with the benefits that come with a more established player, this leading HFT firm is looking for engineers passionate about open-source database technology to join their London team.
You will work on and lead major projects using a mix of technology. These will span database engineering (deploying, scaling or managing database infrastructure) and colloborating with other teams to solve challenging business problems (e.g. Schema design, data architecture planning, technology selection).
Current projects include: a many hundred-TB data warehouse based on Clickhouse, migration from legacy Sybase environment onto MySQL 8, scaling a small MySQL cluster that returns more than 100GiB/sec of data to thousands of clients.
If you're a tech-savvy individual who enjoys the challenge of solving difficult technical problems in a fast-paced, energetic environment, then this is the role for you. Requirements
- Significant experience working with more than one of the following: SQL (MySQL), Postgres, Kafka, Clickhouse, InfluxDB, Prometheus
- Sound ability to automate using a programming language such as Python, Go, etc.
- Previous experience with Linux shell
- Experience managing ETL pipelines and managing petabyte-scale data warehouses is valuable, but not essential
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Collaborative and rewarding work environment and culture
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
up to £150k + bonus Contact
If this sounds like you or you would like to more, please get in touch: Andy Stirling-Martin