BlackRock - Global Product Group - Investment Product Strategy - Vice President
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
Product Management is a global team which is part of the Global Product Group (GPG) at BlackRock. The Product Management team is a vital part of BlackRock's product development strategy and is responsible for product platform strategy at a global and regional level. Specifically, the team set regional and global asset class product strategy in conjunction with investment and distribution partners and are responsible for the life cycle and governance of BlackRock's variety of product platforms across the firm. Job Purpose/Background:
We are seeking a high quality VP to work in the Product Management team, sitting in London.
This is a high profile role that is business critical given the importance of delivering strategies that anticipate client needs and respond to the current market environment and emerging industry trends. Key Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with investment and distribution teams, set global asset class and regional product platform strategy.
- Lead strategic initiatives and drive consensus and conclusions in relation to BlackRock's product agenda.
- Use competitor, market and fund range analysis to assess the health and saleability of products and implement changes to support a focused product platform and drive sales.
- Prioritize product development and wrapper innovation aligning with client and market growth drivers.
- Partner with the investment teams and distribution teams to drive the product pipeline and product ideation.
- Support the teams' product development and product structuring function in relation to transforming product strategy into implementation.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Working as part of a large, global multi-dimensional team, with access to a broad range of skills and expertise.
- Involvement in senior and firm wide initiatives that change the face of BlackRock's product set.
- Understanding of BlackRock's fund mechanics for the global product set (strategy, pricing, liquidity terms etc.).
- Broad exposure to key stakeholders who contribute to the development of BlackRock's product ranges.
- Solid previous experience in corporate strategy, preferably with strategy consulting experience and/or strategy experience at an asset manager.
- Strong power-point, excel and coding and visualization skills essential.
- IMC and CFA preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the business, operations and suppliers at all levels of management.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Self-starter with a high degree of intellectual ability combined with a lateral-thinking, creative and enquiring mind.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.