We're representing one of the world's leading investment firms, who are seeking to appoint a Business Analyst on a permanent basis. The appointee will support the global Real Estate investment arm.
You will be responsible for executing projects that are agreed with your key stakeholders and manager. The role has two key stakeholders in the European Portfolio Management team and the Real Estate Change Function. However, the appointee will also collaborate closely with an IT development team, in order to deliver projects that a fit for purpose, timely and successful. These will largely be finance or operational related, including, for example, new legder implementations and system upgrades. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating project tasks and streams; developing and maintaining project timelines and management updates
- Documenting business requirements for reporting and process changes
- Driving and coordinating user testing activities and providing training to end user
- Planning and executing data migration
- Reconciling and validating migrated data and reports
- Functional user support on a day-to-day basis
- Acting as a liaison between the portfolio management, technology, and finance teams participating and contributing in shared projects
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of projects, implementations and system upgrades. As an individual contributor, you'll be 'hands-on' and autonomous but also enjoy a strong project management and co-ordination element within the role.
We have two obvious types of candidate profiles that we're looking for:
- Someone who has operated as a Business Analyst or Project Manager in an asset management, banking or real estate firm with significant project experience implementing or upgrading management reporting or portfolio reporting tools.
- Alternatively, we could consider someone working in a portfolio reporting team in 'Business As Usual' capacity in a Real Estate investment firm - you'll be less likely to have extensive project experience as a Business Analyst, but may be able to make up for that in terms of an excellent understanding of portfoilo reporting tools, their workflows, how the data is gathered, processed and delivered to end users, to the extent working on projects could become a natural extension of your day to day work.
The successful candidate may have an accountancy qualification and background, but this isn't necessarily essential. It will help in terms of understanding work flows of financial data through systems. Moreover, you will need strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, a methodical approach and the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.