Cash Equities Controller, Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Cash Equities Product Control team consists of 4 people in London with a deployed team in Mumbai supporting production aspects of the team’s responsibilities. The team’s responsibilities include Daily P&L production & sign-off, monthly attestation for Net Revenues & Balance Sheet, various periodic formal and ad hoc Business Unit reporting and ongoing associated project work.
The role will be to assist with managing the team’s relationship with the trading desks, take on London based report production and responding to queries from both the desks & Finance. The role will also assist with the ongoing streamlining of processes and ad hoc project work.
The team is also responsible for production of global consolidated management reporting and analysis for Morgan Stanley Electronic Trading (MSET) across all Equity division products.
The Cash Equities Business Unit covers cash equities product trading by its Core Products (both Developed and Emerging Markets) and Portfolio Products.
• Internal client relationship assisting the team to provide a face off in London for the Core Products and Portfolio Products trading desks
• Assisting in the review of daily P&Ls produced by our Mumbai team and fielding associated desk queries
• Preparing weekly reporting packs for desk heads to give insight into the drivers of their desk?s performance
• Preparing monthly business performance packs for the Core trading business giving in depth insight into the drivers of the month’s revenues
• Continuing to develop and improve reporting, processes and control environment.
• Review of the MSET Global Weekly Metrics and assisting in answering associated business unit queries
• Preparation of monthly MSET Governance packs
• Assisting in the review of the month end reconciliation processes and helping to ensure a strong control framework is maintained
• Assisting in the comprehensive delivery of and compliance with relevant audit, regulatory, accounting and Firm/Departmental responsibilities and policies answering external and internal audit queries
• Collaboration on project work including both Business Unit and Finance led initiatives
• Either Product Control/Financial Control experience within an Investment Bank or Financial Services experience within accountancy practice
• Preferably a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Good understanding of a product control function and preferably of the Equities business
• Good academics preferably in a numerate subject
• Self-starter with strong ability to solve problems independently
• Ability to work under pressure / multi-task and deliver results in a timely manner
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.