Job title: Change Manager (Controls and Conduct)
Location: HSBC London, Canada Square
Rate: £522.50 PAYE Per Day
LOA: 12 Months
1 Month notice – 10 November 2022
The Control Office is a function that sits within the markets business within the Global Banking and Markets area of HSBC. The Control Office helps manage and control non-financial and new risks in the business, including but not limited to operational, conduct and product lifecycle risk.
An overarching purpose is to protect HSBC, its People, Clients and Financial Markets by helping to safeguard the delivery of fair outcomes to our customers and avoiding disruption of the orderly and transparent operation of Financial Markets.
The Change Manager will be responsible for change management activities for the Front Office Supervision work stream part of the Controls and Conduct programme. The programme’s main objective is to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the key controls over unauthorised trading activity within the Global Markets business. The Change Manager will initially focus on two main work streams: Global Cancel and Amends and Trade Lifecycle and Analytics, whilst providing oversight to the Front Office Supervision projects.
• Coordinate interaction across the business and IT teams for across the following project phases:
• Initiation / Discovery
• Requirements elicitation
• Solution analysis
Leadership & Teamwork
• Work with Business Partners to clarify problems/opportunities, scope and expected outcomes.
• Clarify business requirements and work with customer to understand business context and issues.
• Liaise with the technical BA and PM and Development Team(s) to ensure user requirements match design and build.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the business strategy, current practices and system capabilities;
• Identifying new opportunities and promoting activities where customer satisfaction can be improved.
• Understanding the business issues and data challenges within the customer’s organisation and industry.
Typical Targets and Measures
- Pragmatic prioritisation process.
- Planning of business activities and management of all project phases.
- Support project implementation, including training, procedure documentation, operating model implementation.
- Monitor production issues, manage detailed resolution and ensure appropriate communication directly.
The candidate will need to build strong relationships with the customers and stakeholders in their region to ensure that change is managed, governed and put in context with the business and HOST change strategies.
Where the Change Manager is not the primary lead for a project, they should provide appropriate global oversight and support.
• Front to back coordination and integration with other programmes/streams.
• Ensure that the requirements are clearly understood by the technology team(s).
• Contribute to the definition of solution design options and support solutions that address the defined business case
Essential Skills / Competencies