Chief Architect - Insurance practice - Business technology solutioning
- Market Standards
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Role Overview This is a senior position reporting in to the GTO within the insurance practice. This role will be focused on establishing strong working relationships and trust with client technology and business stakeholders, to ensure that Cognizant is able to work alongside clients in defining the technology response to business strategy and establish Cognizant as a trusted strategic partner.
The role will have responsibilities running a small team of senior EAs who are providing architecture support across business development, bid responses and project delivery. The role will also work with client partners and account managers to identify potential requirements for architecture resources and establish working relationships with the architecture consulting and technology specialist teams to manage the supply of resources for client engagement.
Key Role Deliverables
- Architecture Leadership – To provide thought leadership, domain knowledge and a strategic architectural approach to the definition of both new business proposals and project solution architectures
- Relationship Management – To establish credibility with client’s business and technology stakeholders and Cognizant internal teams to ensure that Cognizant operates at a strategic level within clients.
- Project Delivery – To be responsible for the definition and delivery of enterprise and solution architectures for client projects.
- Leadership/Direction – To be able to lead virtual teams during bid and project delivery, often outside of the roles direct area of influence, including client resources. To take responsibility for the strategic approach to defining client solutions and what is in the best interest of the client.
- Senior client facing role - needs experience in presenting and communicating complex concepts to a senior business audience to win buy in
- Extensive UK insurance domain experience – 10 years minimum with experience in at least two of the following areas (retail, commercial, life, pensions)
- Demonstrable political and commercial awareness.
- Ideally mix of client side consulting and insurer/broker experience
Can demonstrate senior responsibility for defining enterprise solutions, working at a senior management level to engage with business and technology leadership to both define and deliver technology change projects
- Technical credibility built up through hands-on experience of delivering IT solutions
- Experience across architecture domains
- Technical Leadership – leading teams of developers and leading technical workstreams
- Experience of hands on architecture for example in integration technologies (ESB, ETL etc), CRM, eCommerce, billing, payments, web architecture, mobile, SOA
- Experience in performing complex analysis, consulting and providing technical recommendations
- Responsible for leading enterprise architecture within large projects
- Experience in working in a bid and proposal response environment, working knowledge of bid development process and development of cost/benefit cases, change roadmaps and resource profiles
- Experience of pre-sales as well as delivery would be beneficial
- Experience of leading meetings, workshops, and presentations.
- Experience in both customer facing and back-office change programmes
- Knowledge and experience of roles across all phases of the development lifecycle, including project management, requirements, design and development and test
- Experience in waterfall and agile project delivery
- Running and advising cross discipline architecture teams
- Experience in developing EA teams and capabilities
- Experience of mentoring and guiding more junior colleagues.
- Experiece in writing thought leadership pieces and white papers, ideally
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, to prioritise and multi-task
Technical Skills Required
- Ability to support the business in defining their vision, especially where it impacts technology,
- Tenacity and soft skills in being able to challenge senior business users on the validity ofrequirements and business drivers where appropriate
- Experience in critically reviewing high level business requirements.
- Ability to use architecture models and frameworks to support business and technology design decisions
- Significant experience of designing large complex solution often involving change in multiple applications, including digital technologies (web, mobile, BPMS, ECM)
- Understanding of architecture governance, design authority processes and overall solution design management processes
- Proven ability and understanding of working in an off-shore delivery environment.
- Familiar with different SLDC development frameworks including agile and iterative.
- Knowledge and understanding of end-to-end design patterns and technologies.
- Appreciation of cross platform technologies and frameworks including J2EE, Microsoft, Oracle, , middleware/integration (ESB, XML, SOA, web services) and digital (web, mobile) technologies.
- Experience of UML, use Cases, modelling techniques
- Experience in TOGAF, Agile and Waterfall.
- Architecture Framework Qualifications (TOGAF, Zachman) desirable
- Responsibilities may include
- Responsible for direct staff management within the vertical architecture team (small team 3-5 resources)
- Oversight of virtual architecture teams during bid work.
- Leading teams of internal and client architects during project delivery
- Identify potential team members, and working with internal resource teams to assign roles
- Manage third parties to ensure successful delivery.
- Act as Line Manager for team members and wider teams during project delivery
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.