Our client is a dynamic global retailer and distributor. They are seeking an experienced and hands on Corporate Tax Accountant to join the finance team for a period of 3 months to assist the team with additional workload. The successful individual will be assisting with the 2018 UK corporation tax compliance, interim reporting and work on some process improvements around corporation tax compliance.
- Meeting UK corporation tax compliance deadlines.
- Preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for UK legal entity financial statements.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations for UK entities.
- Calculating and processing UK corporation tax payments on account within GPA.
- Preparation of corporate interest restriction position.
- Controlled foreign company compliance.
- Working with UK property business on Capital Allowances claims.
- Working with internal IT function and external advisors on RDEC claims.
- Working with Group Treasury on UK withholding tax requirements.
- Optimization of the Group's use of Alphatax corporation tax software.
- Input into corporation tax process improvements.
- Monitoring developments in UK corporate tax law and implementing changes where necessary.
- Qualified accountant with strong tax background.
- Previous experience with UK Corporate Tax experience.
- Previous experience using Alphatax.
- A proven track record of treasury/cash management.
- A self-starter, with proven initiative and a proactive work ethic.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Articulate with strong communication skills.
- Strong team ethic and the ability to achieve goals with a variety of colleagues.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA50398.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.