Data Center Engineer
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for maintaining and supporting our UK data center environments and ensuring all customer server environments are secure, operational, and highly available through continuous proactive monitoring, customer support, and scheduled maintenance preparation. In addition there will be a requirement to assist local desktop team with desk side endpoint support including hardware break/fix, desktop imaging for onboarding requests & staff workstation moves.
- Physically receive, inventory, install, and provide connectivity to all new devices in the datacenter.
- Disconnect, power down, remove from racks, and follow existing EOL policy to dispose of old devices.
- Install and troubleshoot copper and fibre connectivity between devices.
- Adhere to all change control policies.
- Performs daily computer room work planning.
- Plans and assigns VLANs onto network switches. Assigns network switch ports for activation and deactivation status.
- Works with RF Code equipment asset management system. Recording and documenting all assets into the database; Calculates fiber and copper transmission loss.
- AV Software and Hardware: Understands and supports the backbone and hardware architecture of video conferencing and distribution systems.
- Provides second level desk side support to all CME staff, ensuring hardware break/fix, peripheral/accessory requests, and new hire onboarding requests are completed within standard SLA’s.
- Provides support and performs tasks assigned including hardware projects, department moves, and hardware refreshes.
- Experience of supporting Production datacenter environments consisting of multiple OS/Appliances i.e. Cisco, F5, MS Windows 7/10, Redhat
- Experience of at least two of the following
- Intelligent Infrastructure Software (iPatch or similar)
- Inventory Control Software (RedBeam or similar)
- IT Asset Management Software (RF Code or similar)
- Security Surveillance Software (Genetec or similar)
- MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Financial Markets
- Experience of working in mission critical environments