Desk-Facing Java Developer - Equity Derivatives Trade Capture – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is the number one Equities house globally. Morgan Stanley’s Equity Derivatives business is supported by a global processing platform for Vanilla and Exotic Structured OTC Derivatives, encompassing pre-trade pricing, workflow, trade capture, lifecycle processing, confirmation, collateral management and settlement.
We have an exciting opportunity within our global OTC Equity Derivatives trade capture development team for an experienced Java or Scala developer. This is a hands-on lead development role that will enable the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in the build-out of our strategic server platform of core global OTC Equity Derivative systems.
• Working closely with business stakeholders across Sales, Trading and Operations in London to implement enhancements and fixes to TX, the Firm’s strategic equity derivatives trade capture system
• Investigation, prioritising and resolving issues, bugs and diagnostics raised by 1st-line support teams
• Engaging with the global development team to drive both the platform’s resiliency and scalability
• Strong Java server-side experience
• Previous experience working in Front office based system, equity and derivative trade preferred.
• A very good understanding of Unix/Linux based systems.
• Thorough knowledge of equity derivatives trading and lifecycle management
• Extensive experience working in an Agile development environment
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.