- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
GFT is driving the digital transformation of the world’s leading financial institutions. Other sectors, such as industry and insurance, also leverage GFT’s strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0, and blockchain. With its in-depth technological expertise, strong partnerships and scalable IT solutions, GFT increases productivity in software development. This provides clients with faster access to new IT applications and innovative business models, while also reducing risk.
An opportunity has arisen to bring a DevOps Lead into our growing team based in London. This is a role that reports into the Modern Applications practice and is part of GFT’s expansion strategy. As we are an international company with a client base of large global companies, some travel will be expected.
We are looking for an energetic, visionary Lead to grow our UK DevOps engineering function. The role will be a billable role (i.e. you will be expected to be able to bill your time to projects), and therefore will require you to have the ability to be hands on. As you grow your team, your billable time can be decreased. You will be expected to be comfortable presenting within a pre-sales environment, and have the confidence to be a trusted advisor to demanding clients. You will need to have a vision and opinion for where the market is moving and to be able to convey that to different audiences. We have Premier partner relationships with both AWS and Google, and we are winning many projects on both platforms. We have deep level contacts into the engineering teams at both cloud providers.
We would expect you to either be blogging and/or to be active on speaking circuits. We expect you to be forward thinking and highly structured. We require you to have excellent team building, mentoring and hiring skills. We expect you to be very entrepreneurial with a desire to build a significant part of our business.
Apart from the engineering teams, you will work closely with your colleagues in Sales, Delivery and Financial Control.
- Participate in creating offerings that can be taken to market
- Build the onshore capability to deliver DevOps for projects
- Hire and manage exceptional people
- Provide an exciting dynamic work environment
- Oversee the project portfolio with other function leads to ensure consistent delivery
- Report monthly to the practice against Key Performance Indicators
- Communicate GFT UK DevOps capabilities to both within the business and to external communities
- We expect you to have a deep technical knowledge and hands-on experience of DevOps engineering and tooling and delivering this through a consultancy business
- Google and Amazon cloud technology experience is desirable
- Experience of applying DevOps to system migrations both on premise and to cloud platforms
- Ability to manage high stakes relationships, influence senior stakeholders and have excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to shape proposals, solutions
- Financial acumen and the ability to identify sales opportunities
- People management skills including motivation, relationships, interpersonal skills, coaching, conflict resolution
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
GFT specialises in Financial Services and has hundreds of concurrent projects underway across a variety of blue chip customers. GFT is largely a software engineering firm where approximately 80% of staff have an engineering role.
Founded in 1987 and located in 13 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 5,000 people. GFT provides them with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation. The GFT Technologies SE share is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange