- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 18 Jan 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Digital C# Full Stack Developer
Digital Analyst Developer with strong .NET stack / ASP.NET MVC. / SQL Server application skills to join our team in an exciting digital revolution here at Schroders in a truly agile environment.
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 6 domains: Investment, Distribution, Product; Corporate, Wealth and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders’ Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
Digital is a group closely collaborating teams delivering web, automation, analytics, data science, client service portals, workplace productivity, innovation and experience design working across the organisation to transform Schroders.
The Digital Analyst Developer is an experienced developer with the ability to build solutions using the latest digital technologies. The role requires a highly capable technology professional and effective communicator who can bring extensive expertise in developing leading-edge digital experiences. The individual will work in a cross-functional agile team and as part of a group of agile teams designing and building new scalable and sustainable systems and services and enhancing and refactoring legacy solutions.
• .NET stack / ASP.NET MVC. / SQL Server applications
• Web CMS development (preferably with EPiServer).
• Excellent component/library design experience
• Microservices apps and architecture.
• Service Fabric, cloud native apps, DOCKER containers and cloud hosting via Azure/AWS.
• SPAs (REACT and/or AngularJS).
• TDD/BDD methodology.
• Full stack application performance management techniques and strategy.
• Visual Studio, Git, TFS, TeamCity, Octopus, etc. development / DevOps tools.
• DEVOPS experience
• Restful APIs.
• Couchbase (or mongoDB / similar no-SQL DB engines).
• MEAN stack.
• HTML5, CSS3, responsive design.
• Bootstrap and/or Foundation frameworks.
• Implementing CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS etc).
• Progressive web app development.
• Test frameworks and tools (Karma, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Protractor, Gherkin, Selenium etc).
• UX, IA and UCD methodology experience.
• DesignOps / Design Systems workflows.
• Front-end build tools (NPM, WEBPACK, Bower, Gulp etc).
• .NET CORE/ASP.NET CORE
Credentials and Attributes
• 5+ years experience as a developer.
• Highly effective, pro-active, stakeholder, customer and vendor collaboration skills.
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Inspiring, collaborative and agile approach.
• Innovative and continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement.
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
• Agile certification. Certified Safe Agilist (SA) preferred.
• Degree or equivalent.
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm.
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note To Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.