Diversity Project Returners Programme Business Strategist
State Street Global Advisors Returners Programme 2020 Location:
6-month cross-company returnship, part of the Diversity Project: Cross-Company Returner Programme Start Date:
27 April 2020
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.8 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from their focused, precise investment process and global approach, offering access to every major asset class and style, including low-cost index funds, target date strategies, and tailored multi-asset solutions. They wish to help clients and the millions of ordinary people who depend upon them to achieve financial security and confidence. To get this right, they are passionate about thoroughly understanding the specific needs of those they serve. They then apply their experience and intellectual rigour across a broad toolkit to develop and run thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. About the role
The Business Strategist, State Street Global Advisors EMEA is responsible for providing direct support to SSGA's EMEA business across a range of strategic and tactical activities. You will collaborate with members of the EMEA leadership team to design, develop and execute strategic initiatives and business plans.
This role will provide an opportunity to build rewarding partnerships and to contribute - directly - towards driving SSGA's EMEA business forward.
Specific responsibilities will include some or all of the following
- You will collaborate with the EMEA leadership team to develop and implement business strategy
- Measure performance of initiatives relative to expectations
- Prepare presentation materials, briefing notes and internal communications for senior leaders - including management reporting and business reviews
- Analyse revenue and cost drivers to inform decision-making
- Coordinate leadership meetings (and offsites) including scheduling and preparing content
- Support SSGA EMEA governance enhancements
- Build and maintain relationships with key support functions in EMEA and the US. Partner with these teams as appropriate/as needed on key deliverables
More about State Street Global Advisors
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal. Develop communications which take complex and important findings/messages and translate/convey these in a succinct fashion
- Mature outlook with the ability to handle sensitive information in a discrete manner
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills. Able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and affinity for data analysis
- Real team player who can cope with a fast-pace with tight deadline and multiple deliverables
- Strong partnering skills
- High levels of self-motivation, energy and initiative. Commitment to excellence
- Interest in financial markets
At State Street Global Advisors people are their greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are essential to their success. They also want to help you to build a fulfilling career, aiming to be the employer of choice by offering great compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse background of people, ideas and skills. State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace. They are a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. They know their success hinges on attracting the best people to join them.
As part of the returner programme you will benefit from an internal mentor, a buddy for your day to day questions and the Career Returner Coaching Programme delivered by Women Returners. As the coaching will be in a mixed company cohort, you will have a ready-made peer support group as part of the programme. How to apply
The apply please email your CV and cover letter to Ulla Pitha . ( Ulla_Pitha@ssga.com )
The closing date for applications is 2 February 2020.
With any questions relating to SSGA, email Ulla Pitha .
With any questions relating to the overall programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org