EMEA Media & Communications - Investment Banking Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division builds and maintains close relationships with corporations and governments around the world in order to provide both traditional and innovative solutions that meet their individual strategic and financial needs. Associates work on assignments which include various types of different transactions (M&A, capital markets) and business development projects while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients. An ideal candidate would have prior financial industry or investment banking experience.
EMEA Media & Communications team within Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division is a leading franchise in the sector, covering a broad array of publicly listed and private companies in the EMEA media and telecommunications sector. The companies in the sector are highly transaction oriented with Morgan Stanley advising them on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, demergers, leveraged buyouts and defences against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategy advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions.
• Creating and analysing financial models with a high degree of granularity
• Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research
• Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value companies and transactions
• Creating, drafting and taking ownership of presentations and memoranda for a wider audience both internally within the firm as well as externally
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings
• Helping to manage and assist in the execution of corporate finance transactions
• Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from leading universities
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
• Familiarity with media and telecommunications sector preferably or technology sector and corporate landscape
• Strong analytical and modelling skills
• Fluent in English; ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is helpful
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive; self motivated and goal oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.