EMEA Technology Risk Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
EMEA Technology Risk Lead
Corporate Title: Vice President
Line of Business: GT&O - FICC Technology
Here in our London office, we are happy to announce we are recruiting for an EMEA Technology Risk Lead to join our team within Global Technology & Operations.
Working within our state of the art Technology function, you will partner with key Technology Managers to monitor and lead various risk programs across the firm; dedicatedly running risk metrics with focus on "at risk" or "exceeding threshold risks".
You will also work with technology management to address root causes and remediate as required and support technology teams in contributing firm-wide risk programs (e.g. delivering requested artifacts, verify completeness / accuracy).
As part of GT&O, employees in EMEA benefit from working in a company that invests billions of dollars each year in ground-breaking technology and excels in delivering operating services.
Our team expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables us to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Partner with technology teams in Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA)
- Identify root causes of reported risks and partner to design remediation plans
- Coordination with Technology Management in monitoring the execution, collection and completion of SOX control activities
- Partner with Technology Management and internal audit to identify and report self-identified audit issues
- Provide support to Technology Management on all phases of audit activities and ensure active engagement to meet audit objectives. In addition, assist in the validation of preliminary audit issues and the creation of remediation plans
- Contribute to quality assurance programs - ensure completeness of data and identify and monitor required remediation activities
- As necessary, acts as a liaison for the department, maintaining effective and professional relationships with key business partners, internal and external auditors, regulators, and others dealt with in a professional capacity
What qualifications/skills/competencies will you ideally possess?
- CISA, CRISC certifications are critical to this role
- CISSP qualification would be helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including Senior management or executive level presentation material development experience
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- A keen problem solver with sound analytical skills to identify thematic issues / areas requiring improvement
- Excellent MS-Office skills (including PowerPoint (for presentations) and Excel (for manipulating large amounts of data)
- Excellent organizational skills, coupled with ability to be versatile and flexible
- In-depth Technology Audit or Technology Risk experience
- Experience in the execution of Technology Risk Assessments, Audits and SOX 404 and 302 testing
- Deep understanding of a risk control framework (i.e., inherent risks, control procedures, residual risk, etc.)
- Ability to identify relevant key risk indicators to measure risk exposures (metrics reporting)
- Ability to work collaboratively by building consensus and influencing decision-making to foster forward progress with projects and initiatives.
- Persistency, poise and perseverance to get things accomplished under pressure and within the set timelines
- Interest and track record of ensuring accuracy, clarity and quality of work with attention to detail
- Deputize for senior managers in various governance forums and committees in both technology and business at a FICC level
- Understanding and knowledge of NFRR and transaction reporting compliance including industry regulations
- Understanding of Global records management principles and their implications to the business
- Detailed knowledge of SDLC and application governance
- Ability to identify and validate operational losses and the parties impacted and responsible
- Detailed understanding of Information security and the programs and disciplines that are encompassed in that
- Understanding of business continuity and recovery practices and ability to partner and challenge where needed
- Understanding of electronic trading and Algo governance and how it impacts on the wider risk and control disciplines
- Gravitas to be able to challenge and debate in senior forums on risks and issues identified
- Understanding of the business controls and compliance functions and the partnership required to be effective
- Sound business discernment and the ability to work successfully with all levels of management
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.