ETT Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
ETT Java Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: GMOT (VTFQ - Electronic Trading Technology)
We are currently recruiting for a server side Java Developer with extensive experience in Equities front office space to join our team in London. You will need to have in-depth order management knowledge, a deep understanding of the FIX protocol for order entry and have experience in the client connectivity space.
Our team supports the Electronic Trading business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. The team provides creative solutions for low touch trading, which includes FIX connectivity, low latency market connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading and internal crossing.
We are a global team with a solid presence in every region (AMRS, EMEA and APR). We aim to maintain a global perspective while recognising and responding to specific regional requirements that make each market unique.
This is a diverse team of experienced developers, business analysts, program managers and QA authorities working closely with the business group. The team supports an existing fully featured Electronic Trading product set and is also looking to build the next generation Electronic Trading platform. This program is a sizeable investment in ensuring that the business is ready for handling higher volumes of market data and customer flow efficiently.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Analysis, design and development web applications built with the newest technologies. Full stack demonstrable experience is critical
- Dealing directly with business users (Trading and Sales teams)
- Liaising directly with 3rd line support teams to diagnose and fix issues
- Bug fixing legacy web applications
- Mentorship of junior members of the team
- Collaborating with peers globally and influence the technical direction
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Deep understanding of core Java API's (collections, concurrency, nio etc.) - you will also have deep understanding and demonstrable industrial experience with multithreaded systems, working knowledge of the Java garbage collector, familiar with low latency IO
- Demonstrable experience of front office system design and architecture
- Development practices - You can use test driven development and be familiar with UML and OO design. Should have experience with Eclipse/IntelliJ, Jenkins, Git, TeamCity, Gradle and continuous build servers
- Great Teammate - You are able to work with and give direction to more junior members, building a positive team environment
- Business Knowledge - Understanding of equities and FFO markets
- Knowledge of FIX (heartbeating, login, sequence numbers, message types etc)
- In-depth experience of sockets and understanding of network connectivity
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment