Enterprise Support Engineer
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We provide organizations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more. The AWS team is building and delivering the next generation of cloud computing that supports public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed systems.
Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the 'Cloud Ambassador' across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
WHAT DOES AN ENTERPRISE SUPPORT ENGINEER DO AT AMAZON?
As an Enterprise Support Engineer, you are the primary operational point of contact for your customer, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications. You will lead operations reviews, both internally and with your customers, while constantly seeking ways to improve your customer's AWS experience. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
• Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within Amazon Web Services (be their voice)
• Responsible for solving technical issues and working directly with AWS engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Help Enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
• Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
• Work with AWS executive leadership to influence the product roadmap
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
§ Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
§ Past experience as a systems administrator, network engineer, or software development engineer
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills
§ Passionate about customers and new technology
§ Experience working with Enterprise software companies
§ Innovative thinking and bias for action balanced with a strong customer and quality focus
§ Record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience scaling an organization through rapid growth or expansion
• Previous experience in technical account management, business relationship management or consulting
• Previous experience managing a budget or P&L
• An adaptable communication style that can fit diverse audiences (with varying technical backgrounds)
• Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the written word or in presentations
• Experience with AWS service offerings