Our client, an investment manager with nearly £20bn assets under management, is looking for an Equity Analyst to join the global equity team in London.
The role will focus on the research of companies for potential investment opportunities as well as the ongoing maintenance of research for those stocks in the portfolio, collaborating with other research analysts and portfolio managers.
This is an interesting opportunity to join a unique investment team in the pensions sector. A successful candidate must be willing to engage in periods of solitary research with an awareness that a low percentage of their research will make the portfolio. It is important that the long-term, fundamental investment approach is understood and reciprocated by candidates.
The team dynamic is very important and would be suited to an individual who is collegiate, thoughtful, and autonomous, but understands the need for team debate in a respectful manner.
- Identify and research individual stocks across sectors for investment
- Writing investment reports for one or two stocks at any one point
- Maintain research on a number of stocks present in the portfolio
- Form healthy debate amongst peers
- Engagement with ESG factors regarding investment decisions
- Awareness of market developments to enrich understanding of the equities market
- Engagement with research trips
- Support with investment research, trade execution and administration and operational on an ad hoc basis
- Previous experience in an equity research analyst role
- Previous experience working with an internal client or for the public sector as desirable
- Strong understanding and enjoyment of fundamental analysis
- Low ego and high emotional intelligence
- Understanding and adherence to long-term investment strategies
- Willing to back up opinions with data
- Ability to work with stakeholders including portfolio managers
- CFA qualified as preferable, willingness to work towards or future study as well
- Degree qualification (humanities or social sciences preferred)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good understanding of ESG concepts