Experienced Kdb+ Contractor
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- AquaQ Analytics
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
We’re currently seeking experienced kdb+ contractors to work with leading investment banks globally. Positions are available in London, New York and Hong Kong on a variety of exciting projects. The successful candidate will take on a fast-paced role and will be expected to produce results with a quick turnaround on key deliverables.
AquaQ Analytics Limited is a provider of specialist data management, data analytics and data mining services. Our primary business is kdb+ development for the Capital Markets industry. Founded in 2011, we have grown from 3 people to 80 people. We are a young, dynamic company with a strong focus on developing our employees.
The profile of the people we are looking for is:
· 6+ years of Q/kdb+ expertise in:
· Strong programming skills in Q and at least one of Java, Python or C++
o Kdb+ ticker plant, real-time and historical data
o Kdb+ functions, scripting and q-sql queries
o Debugging and troubleshooting
· Experience working with Equities/FX/FI data
· Experienced with data from different market data vendors – Bloomberg, Reuters, Activ Financial etc.
· Experience in Unix/ Linux operating system
· Comprehensive expertise in the software development process
· Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Graduated with a 2.1 or above in a STEM related degree discipline
Additional Skills of Interest:
- Feed handler interaction and development
- Visualisation of data from a kdb+ database
- Integration of kdb+ data with R and Python
If you would like to be considered, please send your CV to email@example.com.