- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Grant Thornton
Financial Modelling Executive
The Government Infrastructure Advisory (GIA) Financial Modelling team is a fee earning team, which also supports all other service lines of GIA in designing, developing and reviewing advanced financial models in Project Finance, PPP and corporate finance environments. The team adopts industry-leading best practice standards such as FAST standard and in-house protocols, which have been developed rigorously over the past few years. The team is based out of London Finsbury Square with clients all across the UK.
The Financial Modelling Executive plays a central role within the GIA department within Grant Thornton UK LLP. As part of the Financial Modelling team you will be working on a broad range of engagements across the financial advisory and consulting parts of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- contributes to the development of Financial Modelling team methodology and market knowledge through involvement in technical and /or sector-based taskforces
- providing high quality modelling support, in terms of designing, building or reviewing models, to both internal and external clients
- develop a broad range of models including integrated financial models, business models, cash flow forecasts, options appraisals, pricing models, acquisition models etc
- take responsibility for assigned areas including having own work reviewed and works to time and budget
- provide advice on financial aspects on projects and programmes within the GIA business
Who we're looking for:
- financial modeller with demonstrable financial modelling experience and familiar with the creation and review of spread sheets (Excel)
- self-motivated individual with evidence of innovation and initiative
- excellent analytical and communication skills and be able to articulate clearly, confidently and professionally to others internally and with clients
- demonstrated ability to deliver to commercial deadlines
- commitment to clear, structured financial modelling techniques
The time you spend outside of work, helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.