Flow/Corporate Derivatives Product Controller, Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
ISG Finance is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial reporting for the Firm, which includes preparing external financial reports for public filings & regulators, whilst working internally on Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA). This includes summarising, planning and forecasting the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
Morgan Stanley is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity and equity-linked securities. The Flow/Corporate Equity Derivatives team covers flow and corporate derivatives trading desks - a high profile and complex book.
The successful candidate will support multiple desks, including Corporate Equities, Single Names, Index, Emerging Markets and Convertibles and will report into a Vice President.
- Provide P&L reporting and analysis for senior management
- Support and review the daily P&L produced by offshore team
- Liaise with BU/Operations and wider Finance group to resolve complex issues
- Ensuring that control processes are executed in an effective and timely manner
- Identifying, communicating and actively working with the appropriate individuals to remediate ineffective controls
- Performing and reviewing key monthly controls and reconciliations, ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Constantly challenge the status quo and look for opportunities to improve existing controls and reporting processes
- Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship throughout the team and the broader MS organisation.
- Add value to the BU by providing financial data to support growth and business decisions.
- Product Control or Financial control experience within Investment Banking
- Good understanding of derivatives attribution and valuation concepts, equities knowledge/experience highly desirable
- Preferably qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Good academics, particularly in a numerate subject
- Self-starter with strong ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to work under pressure / multi-task and deliver results in a timely manner
- Track record of improving controls and processes
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
The Closing date for the role is 24/08/2018
The salary for the role is competitive
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.