A high-growth alternative investment firm is looking to add two fund accountants to their successful finance team.
Dartmouth is partnering with a high-growth alternative investment firm in their search for two fund accountants.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the funds team, working closely with the Portfolio Manager of the strategy, Head of Investor Relations and the Director of Fund Operations, and leading efficient administration of the strategies. The role will be varied in scope, encompassing deal support, fund accounting processes as well as interaction with LPs and establishment of new fund structures. It will suit someone with a solid accounting/funds background, interested in widening their scope of responsibilities and in joining an ambitious team to provide a best in class service to the business.
Responsibilities of the Fund Accounting Analyst:
- Work with peers to prepare fund investor reporting
- Business partnering with internal stakeholders including the C-Suite.
- Prepare post deal analysis, forecasting IRR and providing ad hoc analysis for the front office on fund performance
- Assist in the development of the rolling cashflow model and develop further financial models to assist the firm in its scaling
- Liaising with external fund administrators, banks, servicers, auditors etc.
- Assist with fund cash forecasting and related fund drawdown and distribution requirements
- Assist with deal processes through approvals, fund related documentation drafting, execution and payment stages
- Liaising with CoSec team to coordinate quarterly and ad hoc boards, including assisting with preparation of board materials
- Assist with the preparation of fund regulatory and tax reports
- Other ad hoc projects and tasks as required by senior management
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- Recognised professional accounting qualification- ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Graduate with 2-3 years’ experience in a Private Debt or Equity related role, either in an alternatives fund or at a service provider such as a fund administrator
- Familiarity with fund structures, related legal documentation and related regulation
- Understanding of underlying asset classes
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter able to take initiative and ownership
- Must be numerate and able to demonstrate strong financial literacy
- Strong team player, able to build relationships with both the wider business and external stakeholders
- Desire for continued development in fund operations environment
- Fluent Written & Spoken English to a high standard