- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
GFT is driving the digital transformation of the world’s leading financial institutions. Other sectors, such as industry and insurance, also leverage GFT’s strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0, and blockchain. With its in-depth technological expertise, strong partnerships and scalable IT solutions, GFT increases productivity in software development. This provides clients with faster access to new IT applications and innovative business models, while also reducing risk.
We are looking for a technologist to join the GFT team and help build out our rapidly expanding GCP business. This position will be based in London but international travel may be required. The potential and variety of the work that GFT is supporting our clients with is truly mind-blowing. Ideally you will have GCP experience but if you are strong in other areas and want to pivot your career to the cloud then we will ensure you get that chance.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in emerging technologies
- Understanding of the interaction of alternate technologies with incumbent technology (looking for industry / technology awareness)
- Ability to manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements
- Balancing best of breed technical implementation with the commercial / business schedule and work within budget imperatives
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Strong technical architectural and design skills
- Identify problems, and provide range of solutions
- Cloud platform knowledge: GCP (Certification advantageous)
- Broad understanding of GCP infrastructure services: GCE, GSC, KSM, VPC, Cloud Load Balancing, GKE, Stackdriver, IAM, et al
- Knowledge of administering and engineering of Linux, and Windows
- Development/scripting experience. Desirable programming languages: Python, Golang, Scala, Ruby
- Data serialisation language: JSON, YAML
- >1 years building, maintaining, upgrading, troubleshooting DevSecOps pipelines capable of scaling to deploy 100s applications through test/dev to production
- Deployment strategies: Rolling, Blue/Green, & Canary
- Demonstrable experience across a range of DevOps tooling
- CI – Jenkins/TeamCity/CircleCI
- SCM – Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab
- CM – Chef/Puppet/Ansible
- IaC – Hashicorp Terraform/Google Deployment Manager
- CD – Spinnaker/Octopus/Bamboo
- SecOps - Twistlock/Aqua Security
- Testing - JMeter/Cucumber
- GCP Dev tools – Cloud Build, Cloud Source Repositories, Container Registry
- Experience deploying applications using Deployment Manager and App Engine
- Containerisation: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, GKE, Istio, OpenShift
- Documentation and Process: Jira, Confluence, Agile, Scrum
- Cloud platform knowledge: AWS and/or Azure (Certification advantageous)
- Serverless architecture: Cloud Functions, Knative, Kappa, Kubeless
- NoSQL and SQL knowledge: Datastore, Cloud Spanner, BigQuery, BigTable, MongoDB, Cloud SQL (PostgreSQL & MySQL), Oracle, MSSQL
- Big data technologies: Apache Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Dataproc, Dataflow, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Kafka
- Messaging: Google Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kanban
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987 and located in 13 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 5,000 people. GFT provides them with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation. The GFT Technologies SE share is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange