Global Head of Product Management, Securities Finance - MD
Location: London Who we are looking for:
As the Securities Finance Global Head of Product Management, you would be responsible for developing product strategy, delivering new products, managing regulatory change and providing business solutions to the evolving industry. You would be responsible for managing a global portfolio of initiatives and projects, validating, planning and executing them to time with the most efficient use of resources In this position, you will join the global management team reporting directly to the Global Head of Securities Finance and will work closely with the other members of the management team along with a variety of other internal and external stakeholders (Technology, Risk Legal, Market Vendors, Counterparties, etc.) globally. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
State Street's Securities Finance (SF) division encompasses three products: Agency Lending, Enhanced Custody (EC) and Alternative Financing Solutions (AFS). These products allow State Street clients to generate income, facilitate short sales or generate financing through the lending and borrowing of Securities. The Agency Lending product is a long-established business and State Street is considered an industry leader in this space. The EC and AFS products are more recently established and are among the fastest growing products at State Street.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. Why you will be responsible for:
As the Securities Finance Global Head of Product Management you will:
What we value:
- Oversee and manage the Securities Finance Product Development, Regulatory and Tax teams
- Responsible for ultimately delivering new product solutions, from bespoke trade ideas to broader product launches and market wide initiatives, driving them through the State Street internal and external approval processes
- Collaborate with Securities Finance management and colleagues in Securities Finance and Support Partners across the firm (including Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Finance, ERM, etc. ) to incubate, vet, design and implement solutions to complex business problems related to both supporting the existing business as well as expanding the business to include new products
- Ensure the scope of projects are clear and have been thoroughly vetted and reviewed with key areas of Securities Finance and the bank before new products are implemented
- Assist in raising awareness of and identifying potential risks to the borrower, lender and corporation during the due diligence process for new products and existing product changes
- Assist Securities Finance in meeting annual financial targets and executing strategic initiatives. Complete due diligence and obtain approvals for products that will add revenue to Securities Finance business areas
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge around core products of business unit, regulations and markets
- Provide thought leadership on product development and tax related issues that affect Securities Finance at all levels of the bank
- Present and participate as a SME on in-person and teleconference service updates to clients and prospective clients from a Securities Finance strategy perspective
- Act as an industry voice and leader in market-wide initiatives; maintain and develop industry contacts at peer and partner firms
- Represent and present the Securities Finance business from a strategy perspective in corporate committees and councils
- Manage, lead, coach, and develop employees on the team, collaborating with the CAO team to ensure alignment with division-wide and corporate-wide initiatives
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative, innovative, and cohesive business function by providing employees with team building activities and informal forums with senior management to inspire cross-divisional ideas, opportunities, and engagement (town halls, office hours, etc.)
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong experience in Securities Finance / Equity Finance / Prime Brokerage
- A broad, authoritative knowledge of Securities Finance and Prime Brokerage
- Ability to build, lead and motivate teams of high-performance targets
- Record of setting, meeting and exceeding short- and long-term business targets
- Ability to form and cultivate relationships with both clients, counterparties and internal partners
- Dynamic public speaking skills with the ability to convey complex concepts in a way that is approachable to a broad range of audiences
- Ability to lead, prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Expertise leading teams
- Project management experience is preferred
• MBA, CFA or similar strongly preferred About State Street What we do
. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.