Head of Compliance Assurance
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and delightful to use. We have been growing quickly, with over 4 million customers in the UK. To make sure that Monzo can both grow and stay in control, we're looking for a new Head of Compliance Assurance. We're looking for someone who is pragmatic, collaborative and experienced to help Monzo ensure we're both customer-focussed, and fully compliant.
We operate a "three lines of defence" model of risk management at Monzo: you'll be sitting in the second line as part of our Risk and Compliance team. You'll report directly to our Director of Compliance and work closely with teams across the company. The role You will be responsible for:
You should apply if:
- Proposing the risk-based Compliance Assurance plan to cover both conduct and compliance risks to the Director of Compliance
- Delivering the Compliance Assurance plan by effectively leading, organising and overseeing the team
- Supporting the team to perform work that meets the high standards expected and which is focused on what really matters to Monzo and Monzo's customers
- Delivering impactful Compliance Assurance reports to Accountable Executives, that add value by helping Monzo strengthen management of conduct and compliance risks
- Staying up to date on regulatory developments and emerging conduct and compliance risks and recommending changes to the plan as necessary
- Instilling a positive, proactive culture towards regulation and legislation across the company
- You have experience of working in an assurance or audit role in a regulated retail financial services company
- You have a sound understanding of regulations that apply to a UK Retail Bank, in particular FCA and PRA requirements
- You are able to build strong, mutually respectful relationships and work collaboratively with a diverse range of teams, while forming independent and objective views
- You're self-motivated, highly organised and focussed on executing well
- You have proven leadership skills and are excellent at motivating, developing and supporting teams
- You're excited about the future of banking and want to work with us to shape it
- Bonus points if you have Compliance related qualifications, such as International Compliance Association Certificates or Diploma
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a video interview with the hiring manager, and a couple of on-site or video interviews.
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits .
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo - if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life harmony.