The Head of International I&O will be an experienced technical leader within financial services reporting to the International CIO. They will be accountable for all technology Infrastructure and day to day operations across the Standard Bank International Region (UK, Dubai, China, USA and Brazil).
The Head of International I&O will be an experienced technical leader within financial services reporting to the International CIO. They will be accountable for all technology Infrastructure and day to day operations across the Standard Bank International Region (UK, Dubai, China, USA and Brazil). As a member of International Regional IT Management Team, the Head of International I&O will lead a globally dispersed matrix team with end to end responsibility for the strategic advancement, operations and end user support for all technology infrastructure deployed across the International Region. This role will be required to review, create and operationalise an operating model for support across the all regions and ensure all internal and external suppliers are fully aligned. This should cover BAU operations and Service Management, and align to IT Security, Project Delivery and IT Strategy. Working closely with International CTO in the definition of standards and ensure that International standards are communicated and maintained across the region, to maintain supportability and stability for the organisation. Enable the delivery of Standard International project portfolios through resource allocation, testing and agreed support guidelines to ensure a smooth transition to production. This role has operational accountability and strategic oversight whilst managing a sustainable in-country. capability covering five International operating entities and multiple 3rd party supplier. Stakeholder management and alignment with IT Management and associated teams, 3rd party Suppliers (internal and external) and customers is paramount to enabling a stable environment across regions
Deliver Technology Operations and infrastructure engineering services across the International Region
- Accountability for the delivery of operational IT Services throughout the International region leveraging global capabilities from Group IT and external vendors to ensure platform resilience and sustainability
- Build, manage and evolve a fit for purpose, global virtual team made up of full time, matrix and 3rd party resources, both in-country and across the Group, to deliver consistent, 'always on' IT services.
- Manage and evolve the capability in line with business need whilst delivering excellent IT Services to our partners
- Define, develop and manage a comprehensive technical services operating model specific to International, based on industry best-practice and aligned to Group standards
- Oversee and manage the delivery of all production change required by/for the International business, ensuring an excellent level of service availability and appropriate financial management
- Coordinate externally driven IT and Group Real Estate Services (GRES) changes affecting Standard International, communicating as appropriate with stakeholders, minimising the impact and maximising benefit to the business.
- Drive collaboration between International IT, Group IT & other service providers to ensure timely understanding of initiatives emanating from other areas and manage any impact to the International business Work with peers and external networks to stay abreast of internal policies and regional regulations and ensure ongoing operational compliance across International
- Drive the adoption and commitment to continual service improvement.
Risk Identification and Management
- Conduct regular reviews of technology infrastructure and related processes documenting and mitigating risks and issues identified
- Establish and maintain risk profiles for underlying technical infrastructure and provide ongoing management of underlying risks in conjunction with relevant risk and governance peers including:
- As part of the IT Risk Control Self-Assessment process, develop a fit for purpose risk remediation plan based on identified risks, vulnerabilities, audit findings and regulatory requirements. Establish appropriate metrics to track and manage the remediation process
- Collaborate with project management, architecture, IT, business, vendors and other stakeholders to validate risk remediation controls
- Develop, recommend and implement effective controls to support relevant policies and standards
- Ensure systems availability and business continuity management through proactive planning, testing and business liaison for all critical business systems
- Implement and manage technology controls to ensure the physical environments are aligned to best practice and standards
- As a member of the International Region IT Management team the Head of Infrastructure and Operations will be expected to: Lead the execution of technology change initiatives within budget, time and quality standards.
- Lead the execution of technology change initiatives within budget, time and quality standards.
- Collaborate with and manage technology vendors; skilfully employing third party capabilities for the benefit of the organisation where appropriate
- Mentor, educate and coach team members.
- Take direct accountability for all costs within the Infrastructure and Operations function including headcount management, budgeting, forecasts and contributing to overall management reporting