Head of Institutional Marketing
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 19
A Global Asset Manager based in the West End (c.£100bil AUM) are seeking an experienced Head of Institutional Marketing.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing campaigns for each institutional channel based on a thorough understanding of the requirements of each market, the competitive characteristics of the products and the needs of clients and prospects.
- Act as Channel Manager to the regions where there is no channel manager.
- Regularly review the strategy and marketing collateral of existing products to ensure that messaging and content remains relevant and competitive and continues to provide a true and fair reflection of the product.
- Develop marketing positioning and materials for new product launches. This involves working with product specialists/portfolio managers and designated client group champions on key positioning and the investment case for new products to develop appropriate launch packs – comprising core presentations, brochures, flyers, campaign pages, and multi-media.
- Work with the Global head of Marketing to devise an investment insight content plan to accompany each marketing campaign.
- Work with the Marketing Analytics, Product teams and Product Specialists on competitor analytics and client intelligence to gather data and insight to shape our competitive positioning and marketing strategies. In turn, work with Channel Managers and Marketing Analytics team to shape and communicate this competitive positioning of our products and strategies.
- Partner closely with the marketing communications, digital and PR teams on campaign execution and delivery.
- In conjunction with the Head of Marketing, provide updates, briefings and value added marketing insight to the Client Group and Investment Teams on our products and strategies to ensure they are kept abreast of developments both on an ongoing basis and through regular Institutional Marketing Forums
- Be responsible for the effective use and monitoring of the global institutional marketing budget.
- 10+ years of experience in asset management managing institutional or investment marketing /product marketing campaigns.
- Strong awareness and knowledge of industry trends, recent financial market history and overall competitor and industry landscape especially in the institutional space
- Good investment knowledge and preference for strong product background and knowledge
- Excellent written and editorial skills, appreciation for plain, effective English in marketing materials
- Good numeracy, awareness of data trends, analytical tools and key industry metrics used in investment marketing
- Creative marketing design experience
- Strong project management skills: ability to lead and drive the best out of multi-discipline marketing colleagues