IT Application Support Analyst - Crest/Swift
- GBP400 - GBP420 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
My client, a leading financial services organisation is looking for an IT Application Support Specialist with strong Scripting and SQL Experince.
- Participate in providing 24*7 support of Production Distributed Systems within agreed SLAs - Including Core Hours, On Call and Planned Weekend Interventions.
- Provide Core Hours support of Pre-Production, On Demand and Testing Distributed Systems within agreed SLAs - Including Planned Weekend Interventions and External Testing Periods.
- Complete User Requests, both Internal and External, in a timely manner within agreed SLAs.
- Provide effective Problem Management, tracking root causes to completion.
- Produce reference documentation to assist in the ongoing support of developed functionality.
- Participate in reviews to ensure the suitability, completeness and accuracy of Design Documents, the code and the test documentation.
- Project manage small application enhancements and maintenance releases - Either scheduled or as an emergency fix.
- Facilitate change to the application design and architecture through suggested improvements and effective review.
- Provide effective Risk Assessment and Mitigation through the review process.
- Complete assigned Continuous Improvement tasks within agreed timescales.
- Actively participate and contribute to projects, providing input and direction from a support viewpoint and completing any project related tasks within agreed timescales.
- Manage and perform any team knowledge transfer required.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure Production stability, environment availability and Incident/ Problem resolution.
- Must understand the software development lifecycle.
- Must have an strong understanding of support principles.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years IT experience, of which at least 2 must be in Application Support
Platform: UNIX (Red Hat Linux), Windows
Software and technologies: Shell scripting, Oracle SQL, SQL Server, Websphere MQ, Perl, JAVA, IBM Integration Bus, Connect Direct (and other file transfer programs), Swift Messaging (including messaging software), C++, knowledge of clustering, knowledge of schedulers
Desired: An understanding of ITIL framework, preferably with qualification.