Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint an IT Operations Engineer to be based within the London office.
Main responsibilities within the IT Operations Engineer position include:
- This is a hands-on role working within a number of high pressure financial trading environments.
- Primary responsibility is the operational management of Tradition’s electronic trading platforms to ensure maximum system availability.
- This includes monitoring, maintenance, deployment, change control and application support of primarily Linux based (85%) and Windows based (15%) servers in both physical and virtualised environments (using VMware ESXi as hypervisor).
- Dealing with requests and queries from both internal and external customers in a timely and professional manner.
- To develop, maintain and follow operational guidelines for the support of the infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance to Company & Regulatory requirements.
Key skills, experience and competencies required to be successful in this role:
- Strong Linux experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems in a methodical manner.
- Pro-active and able to work under own initiative.
- Proven track record of supporting OEL/Centos/RedHat Enterprise Linux version 6+ server estates.
- Experience of using automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, CF Engine.
- Managing Linux and Windows servers in a VMWare ESXi environment including management of iSCSI and Fibre Channel based storage.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Knowledge and awareness of change control.
- Excellent troubleshooting methodology.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and ability to work under strict project deadlines.
- Supporting java based applications running under Linux.
- Understanding / awareness of FIX messaging protocol.
- Prior experience with supporting network devices (e.g. basic troubleshooting on switches and firewalls, troubleshooting client connectivity issues).
- Experience supporting one or more of the following:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 server operating systems.
- Netapp storage arrays
- Citrix Netscaler load balancers
- Corvil monitoring appliances
- Solarwinds Orion
- Knowledge of trading application architecture, network operations and performance tuning.
- Prior experience in supporting electronic trading platforms.
- Knowledge of and experience with HP technologies, hardware, software and Roadmaps including DL3xx, DL5xx, C7000 blade chassis and BL46x blades.
- Good bash and / or perl scripting knowledge.