Investment Content Writer
- Circa £40,000 + good bonus potential
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 17 Apr 19
A growing asset management company is looking to hire an additional Content Manager and it continues to develop compelling messaging around its successful range of products and funds. This role requires a highly competent investment writer, with strong relationship management skills and an enthusiastic manner, to take on the challenge of providing engaging material to clients and prospects.
Creating a range of content that conveys the key capabilities, views and investment decisions of the firm, your efforts will to help to increase sales, retain clients and build the external profile of the business. You will bring focussed energy and attention to generate written and visual content within a fast-paced work place.
Role & Responsibilities
- Creating content alongside subject experts, sales teams and corporate leadership
- Convey and manage investment messaging so that the distinguishing characteristics of each team’s philosophy, process and value proposition are consistently embedded in content
- Respond to client priorities set by the Business Development team by writing and editing timely, high-quality content to support sales efforts. Such pieces typically take the following forms:
- Investment commentaries, including team newsletters, market views and explanations of investment decisions
- Marketing literature, such as presentations, brochures and sales aids
- Infographics for publication in print and online
- Web posts
- Support the content strategy by producing fit-for-purpose pieces and consider how they can best be distributed
- Cultivate a rapport with Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Product Specialists to gain a deep understanding of the respective philosophies, processes and market views of each team
- Develop strong working relationships with regional sales teams across both institutional and wholesale channels to ensure that content meets their needs and is delivered on time
- Consider how investment content can be efficiently re-purposed to assist the marketing, events and press teams
- Provide administrative support by tracking the progress of content, assessing metrics and updating the team’s content calendar
- Liaise with production agencies to design, proofread and finalise infographics and written content, and ensure that finished pieces are faithful to the corporate brand
The role will suit someone who will thrive in a fast-moving environment, which comprises multiple demands and challenges but offers the opportunity to deliver considerable value to the business. An enthusiastic and positive attitude is critical to add energy and ideas to a small but talented team. The ability to operate accurately at pace is essential. The successful candidate will work closely with other parts of the Marketing & Communications team and the broader business to ensure a fully integrated approach is delivered to the business. This requires a highly intelligent, resilient and tenacious individual, with a strong drive and determination to deliver high quality digital experiences to a demanding and diverse clientele.
Skills & Experience
- Strong writing skills, with experience in a writing role with a financial services organisation or as a financial journalist. Editing experience is desirable
- Robust understanding of the investment management industry and fundamental economics
- Strong knowledge of equity, bond and real-asset markets
- An understanding of ESG investing and engagement
- Proven ability to understand and clearly articulate complex investment concepts and market events
- Ability to work independently for sustained periods, demonstrate initiative in instigating and completing projects, and deliver under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills. This will be essential in interacting effectively with investment professionals and key contacts at senior and junior levels
- Excellent organisational skills coupled with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A strong focus on quality control and attention to detail
- Ability to add creative input to investment commentaries
- Ability to undertake independent external and internal research to source information and to develop ideas
This is a great opportunity for an investment writer or financial journalist to take their careers to the next level by joining a high-performing group at a growing firm, and be part of a collegiate, sociable and high calibre team.
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.