Investment Operations SpecialistOverview
This role sits within the Investment Operations Team which is responsible for the day to day Investment processing and reconciliation of positions within Octopus Investments. This includes, take on of Clients, AML,PEP & Sanction checks, Deceased Process, Client Withdrawals, transaction settlement, the processing of fees and corporate actions. In addition, regulatory reporting such as ISA returns are carried by the team.
About the role
Settlements of the following:
- Equity trades
- Multi manager Funds and ETFs
- Unquoted stock
- Monitoring and confirmation of all client assets (stock and cash / electronic and safe custody) for Octopus (where held by the team)
- Reporting the investigation and resolving any reconciliation breaks
- Cash and stock reconciliations which includes Client Money and Funds
Corporate Action and Fee processing
- Compliance with FSA requirements and rules (Client Money, Systems and controls and client assets)
- Compliance with other bodies rules (PTM etc)
- Setting up clients including KYC & AML requirements.
- Dealing with withdrawal, liquidation and transfer instructions.
- Arranging payments to third parties.
- Eliminating manual workarounds, implementing single processes as much as possible.
- Communicating with client/Advisers to procure necessary information and documents to complete requests
What you'll need to be successful:
- Industry experience in a similar role
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel
- Customer focused
And to really stand out from the crowd:
- Adaptable and flexible
- Works well under pressure and can conform to tight deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
Our values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone to shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful : we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient : we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious : we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.