Investor Services Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 19 Nov 17 2017-11-19
Investor Services Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1,051 billion in assets under management as of 30 September 2017 we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Wellington Alternative Investments (WAI) is responsible for the business and investment oversight of all hedge funds and alternative investments offered and sub advised by Wellington Management affiliates. By broadly supporting these business management and client service needs, we help ensure Wellington Management Company (WMC) continues to exceed the investment objectives and service expectations of our clients worldwide.
Our team thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and friendly environment. We currently support 20 hedge fund approaches for over 950 clients. To ensure our efforts are in line with the firm's overall mission of excellence, we work collaboratively with our hedge fund investors, prospects, and broad WMC functional disciplines - in particular, WAI Fund Services, Legal Services, Tax Services, Portfolio Management, and our Global Relationship Group (GRG). We value creative thinking and problem solving approaches to ensure our group offers exceptional results to both our internal and external clients.
Investor Service Analysts (ISAs) in WAI play a crucial role in building relationships and responding to internal and external inquiries. ISAs work on a wide range of business and investment-related activities including fund analytics, client reporting, marketing, coordination with external vendors, inter-departmental projects and database management. This role is well-suited for someone who is seeking to learn about the various aspects of business management and the alternatives business.
The Investor Services Analyst will:
- Respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Coordinate the take-on process for all new investors in the WAI funds.
- Liaise with external investors and their service providers to ensure proper paperwork is obtained and completed properly.
- Work collaboratively with GRG colleagues, Consultants and/or Advisors to appropriately qualify potential new investors in the WAI funds.
- Maintain client information database.
- Coordinate and review monthly and quarterly client report production, audit requests, and other client correspondence.
- Assist with production of client and prospect presentations.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, e.g., fund launches, event planning, etc.
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality concerning all client information.
- Coordinate cross-functionally with Legal, Compliance, Tax, Investment Administration, Systems, etc.
Specific qualifications and individual characteristics include:
- Strong client service orientation; ability to handle frequent high-level internal and external client contact (with grace and professional judgment).
- Managing projects and working with various internal teams to meet deadlines effectively.
- A Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience; prior fund or regulatory experience or knowledge is desirable.
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office and experience with CRM software is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise effectively and deliver high quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player but able to work independently.
- High energy level and curiosity to learn and grow.
- Solid work ethic, "can do" attitude, initiative and a proactive approach.
- Works in a calm and professional manner when under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Investor Services Analyst
Wellington Funds Group
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .