Help our trading business build a Front Office risk calculation platform, using the latest cloud-based technologies and distributed stream techniques. Our trading technology division have embarked upon a greenfield programme which will deliver a new risk platform, capable of providing real-time as well as end of day risk calculations across all asset classes.
We're building this platform in-house, with a team of dedicated and highly skilled Engineers. You will be working with the latest technologies including Google Cloud, Docker and Kubernetes and interfacing directly with the business. This platform will be used by our primary revenue generators. If you have worked in a similar environment that would be useful but isn't essential. Key Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role you will:
- Deliver well designed, testable, efficient code
- Active contribution in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Architect and build solutions from requirements and engage with stakeholders
- Enhance and maintain existing code base
- Have Core Java skills with at least a couple of years of professional experience
- Have good knowledge of object-oriented analysis and common design patterns.
- Be comfortable with working in Linux development environment
- Have hands-on experience with source control systems such as git
- Have hands-on experience with build and dependency management tools
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure), Containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- SQL/NoSQL databases and service-oriented architecture
- Hands-on experience with basic shell scripting and Python
We're looking for Engineers with a passion for technology and a desire to build systems that will revolutionise our business. If that sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in
Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, Brand & Marketing, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
If you would like more information, please visit www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.