Java Developer - Asset Servicing Technology - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is looking for a strong Java Developer to join a established team in London. This particular role will sit within the Global Asset Servicing technology team, part of the Operations Technology division.
The Asset Servicing team supports the firm’s global corporate actions processing systems across both the Institutional Equities and Wealth Management divisions – A critical system supporting key departments such as Operations, Wealth Management, Prime Brokerage and Traders; as well as external clients.
You should be energetic, highly motivated and dynamic with experience working in an agile environment coupled with excellent, development, communication, and organizational skills. The role will require working with stakeholders globally and across divisions and knowledge of broad spectrum of assets classes. The candidate will work in a global team spread across other locations in Mumbai, London and New York.
- You will work as an application developer on an in-house developed system that manages the life-cycle processing of Asset Servicing events (also known as Corporate Actions).
- You will be responsible for the hands-on management of all the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle: requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- You will collaborate with partner teams including Asset Servicing Operations, Prime Brokerage account representatives and Application Support Groups.
- The projects worked on will form part of a multi-year program to renovate the Firm’s Global Asset Servicing technology platform.
- The role will provide exposure to a wide variety of different business units and asset classes within the Institutional Securities Group and Wealth Management divisions.
- We’re looking for a self-starter who is comfortable managing their own and other team member’s workload within a collaborative, team driven environment. Hands-on coding experience is essential.
- Distributed technologies primarily Java
- Experience working with SQL and databases (preferably with DB2)
- Agile Development Practices
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1