Junior Compliance Officer, Capital Markets
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Junior Compliance Officer, Capital MarketsWe are currently looking for a Junior Capital Markets Compliance Officer to join our EMEA Capital Markets & Treasury Compliance Team. This role will make sure that the firm meets its primary regulatory compliance obligations with respect to MAR, MIFID II Order Execution and Conflicts monitoring.
The role will be doing thematic and desk monitoring reviews along with assisting with surveillance of trades, e communications and voice communications. This is an excellent training environment for someone looking to learn multiple products in a supportive environment. It will ideally be suited to someone with some monitoring or surveillance experience and knowledge of capital markets and treasury products. Alternatively, this would be a good opportunity for an ex-financial markets trader/salesperson, who has moved or desires to move into compliance/ compliance consultancy.
Additionally, the Junior CO will work closely with the NTS LLP Business Unit (BU) partners and other Capital Markets & Treasury business and Compliance partners to ensure regulatory and corporate obligations are met. To effectively achieve compliance goals, the Junior CO is expected to build out their knowledge of current regulatory requirements and developments, to monitor risk and to identify and correct possible gaps and weaknesses. The Junior CO will learn to provide advisory services to the partners and management of NTS LLP on the implications of new regulatory policies or Bank products, and assists in the implementation of new or revised policies and programmes to address them
For the Capital Markets Compliance Officer the main responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly Front Office Trade, voice and e communications surveillance monitoring activities effectively and within agreed completion dates (as allocated by the Head of Capital Markets & Treasury Compliance) in accordance with relevant documented procedures.
• Maintaining robust working papers and procedures for all monitoring procedures undertaken in order to ensure an appropriate audit trail is recorded.
• Work with Corporate Compliance to ensure that Rule Maps are current to facilitate the quarterly review of the Compliance Risk Assessments with the other members of the Capital Markets and Treasury Compliance team.
• Ensure that the Compliance Oversight Framework Task list is maintained to support the production of monthly management information requirements
• Jointly manage the completion of the BAU monthly monitoring programme
• Demonstrate a willingness to suggest new monitoring procedures and / or to take forward the development of new procedures
• Ensure monitoring is performed in a timely manner and in accordance with the agreed procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
• Knowledge of Capital Markets, particularly FX, Securities Lending, Transition Management, Fixed Income and Cash equities
• Ability to investigate, analyse and solve problems and, if necessary, escalate to the Compliance management
• Able to work on own initiative
• Previous experience working in the Financial services Industry.
• Willingness to work markets hours.
• Knowledge of surveillance systems a plus (Verint, Vault, BTCA)
• Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management