DESCRIPTION Be a part of operating the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure. As a Datacenter Logistics Manager you will possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
You will be a key part to building success for the storage warehouse areas and parts distribution network. This is very much a hands on role, so expect to be doing everything that you would expect your team to do - from handling deliveries through to cycle counting and inventory planning. The Logistics Manager supports the Data Center Operations team by maintaining receiving, and distribution operations of parts, consumables and other supplies by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures. Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, Health & Safety and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
Safeguard operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols. Working with Procurement and other Regional Logistics Manager's control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with inventory management tools. Maintain the physical condition of the storage warehouse areas by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
We work in a high security environment with sensitive equipment and maintaining this security and accountability will be a primary task. Is responsible for the security and tracking of parts within the storage areas and to the end user.
Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning a group of direct employees and following up on work results. Be involved in staffing by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Maintain Logistics staff productivity and goals by managing and coaching members of your team; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Will contribute to continuous process improvements to deliver on our goals of high availability and low cost. Maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and will create reports for management as required.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• 3+ years of management experience
• Experience in Inventory Management Systems and processes
• Strong understanding of distribution and warehousing practices
• Understanding of Regional import and export practices
• Excellent team, organizational and planning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent data analysis and influencing skills
• Experience in producing process documentation
• Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • 7+ years in a data center technology role and 3+ years in a management role
• Experience developing operational metrics
• Experience building high performing teams
• Experience presenting to senior management
• Experience in driving improvement programmes
• Experience with lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification