MSET Desk Strategist – Trade Analytics – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
MSET Desk Strategists are the ultimate owners of Morgan Stanley's agency execution platforms. A key component of ensuring competitiveness of the firm’s agency execution platforms is the ability to work with our electronic clients to understand their specific trading needs and provide tools that are fit for purpose. This document describes the responsibilities of the trade analytics component of the MSET Desk Strategists group.
The trading environment continues to change rapidly and our clients’ investment objectives change to suit the prevailing market. The trade analytics component of MSET Desk Strategists acts as execution consultants for the firm's clients delivering feedback on trade performance and suggestions on how to minimise trade costs. In conjunction with MSET sales, the group analyses trade data and provide feedback on how to best leverage Morgan Stanley’s trading tools.
Specific areas of focus include:
• Building and maintaining tools to help clients and coverage visualize order performance
• Developing a deep understanding of financial markets to spot opportunities for clients
• Developing a deep understanding of Morgan Stanley’s trading tools
• Developing a deep understanding of Morgan Stanley’s data infrastructure
• Partner with clients and MSET coverage to provide transparency of the real-time performance of each algorithm.
• Understand the client investment decision (and associated work flow) and recommending alternative execution mechanisms that meet the client objectives.
• Prioritise multiple tasks to maximise MSET revenue (PBT).
• KDB (Q) and R
• Solid experience in at least one programming language.
• Strong analytical background
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Experience in data analysis
Closing date for applications is 29/08/2018.
The salary for this role is Competitive.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.