Manager - Technical, Digital Banking, Industry Solutions, London
Your opportunity Industry Solutions adopts a business led approach to achieving technology enabled transformation.
Our Banking clients engage us to solve their most complex problems, helping them to shape and deliver a strategy in response to new digital competition, the increased focus on the customer journey, and the rise of the number of FinTechs revolutionising the competitive landscape.
As part of this team, you'll work alongside a team of Banking specialists from across retail & commercial banking, and will be able to quickly build upon your existing industry knowledge and consultancy skills to develop your expertise. We will be looking to you to help lead project teams and develop the talent and insight in our community. Your role
Your work, your choice
- Provide business perspective and support to technology strategy, design and implementation programmes impacting the one or many areas of the banking business model
- Articulate the architectural vision, conceptualising and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches, creating models and component and interface specification documents, and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions
- Responsible as the technical leader within a workstream or team to enable the team to deliver products and services, and continually help the team to improve technically
- Support clients throughout the whole project lifecycle activities including requirements gathering, solution design and build, end-to-end testing, process definition and change and go-live
- Work within diverse teams to deliver measurable business outcomes to quality and timescales
- Providing technical design governance, solution quality assurance and design reviews to keep complex technology programmes on track
- Build effective relationships with peer-level stakeholders across all business and technical workstreams including Operations, Risk and IT
- Contribute to business development work, including taking our key propositions to market through pre-sales, bid preparation and client presentations
- Participate fully within Deloitte to assist the growth of the digital banking practice and the Industry Solutions division including supporting the firm's commitment to creating a more diverse and inclusive culture
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
This is a permanent opportunity.
The role is to be worked on a full time basis Your professional experience
You will have:
- Proven delivery experience gained within a leading bank or consulting firm, either within a technical design or development function
- An aptitude and ambition to be a successful member of our consulting team working in application design and implementation, business transformation, systems implementation, or process design and implementation.
- Significant experience of banking processes and technology change in areas such as:
- Commercial and wholesale banking and/or retail banking
- Core banking and digital platform transformation
- Knowledge and delivery experience of at least one major core banking application such as Temenos, Mambu, Finastra, nCino or other packages
- You will ideally have some specific banking product knowledge across commercial or retail banking such as; lending, payments, trade finance etc
- Been part of at least two digital banking transformation project lifecycles in defining end to end solution designs spanning core banking and product platforms and downstream applications and designing and delivering innovative solutions. Including; integration of FinTech/emerging technology solutions with core banking platforms.
- Experience in leading small teams or workstreams within a wider complex digital banking transformation programme
- You will have experience in delivering through various ways of working, including waterfall and various agile methodologies
- Analysing and defining solution options and brokering buy-in, consensus and decision making from technical and business stakeholders
- Good understanding of key banking business processes across the value chain or at least in one domain
- Experience in assessing banking IT landscapes, business drivers and understanding impact of emerging technologies to define target and transition state architectures
- Appreciation of emerging technology and trends in banking
- Exceptional communication and client management skills
You may have:
Your service line: Consulting
- Industry certifications such as BCS, Prince 2, PMP among others
- Enterprise or solution architecture certification (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman)
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173863