Market Risk Reporting - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Risk is an inherent part of Morgan Stanley’s business and activities. Our ability to properly and effectively identify, assess, monitor and manage each of the various types of risk is crucial to our soundness and profitability. The principal risks involved in the Company’s business activities are: market, credit, operational, legal, reputational, liquidity and funding. Our risk management policy is to protect the Company’s franchise, reputation and financial standing. Within the risk department the Credit & Market Risk Reporting Group provides a critical service to Risk Managers and Senior Management by providing a consolidated view of risk.
Morgan Stanley seeks a strong candidate for the Market & Credit Risk Reporting team based in London. This role will initially be focused on Market Risk Reporting tasks. The reporting team is involved in a diverse range of risk management responsibilities across businesses. Responsibilities include analysing credit & market risk data, building and maintaining reports which are prepared for key stakeholders such as senior management, risk committees, risk managers and the regulators.
To be successful, candidates will need relevant experience, a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work on a multidisciplinary team. In addition, the candidate should be able to demonstrate strong skills in developing reports, data analysis and technical/IT skills.
• Development, implementation, and maintenance of Market Risk reports covering most asset classes (e.g. fixed income, commodity, equity trading, lending).
• Construct presentations used to brief senior business managers and the Board of Directors.
• Work with internal and external clients on ad-hoc data requests and analysis.
• Working with other business groups, business analysts and IT to identify and implement solutions for external or internal requests such as new reports, data quality improvements and reporting processes improvements.
• Regular monitoring of data quality.
• Optimization and reorganization of risk data tables.
• Experience working under pressure and performing to tight deadlines.
Skills required (essential)
• Strong proficiency with SQL, VBA and Excel is essential. In general, the candidate needs to be comfortable using many tools to obtain and understand risk information.
• Strong knowledge of financial products, financial markets and risk drivers especially those within Counterparty Risk, fixed income, commodity, equity trading, and lending.
• Experience across market or credit risk is required.
• The role involves working closely with several other areas such as Business Units, Controllers, and Risk Technology.
• The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop quality working relationships.
• Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background, including a degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, sciences or engineering.
• Highly organized, with close attention to detail.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CL1