Delft was established in 2016 as a partnership controlled by the members of a single family to serve as an FCA regulated investment manager for their assets and those of an associated charity.
As a family office, Delft manages money in a sophisticated, risk focused manner with the minimum core goal of preserving the absolute value of managed portfolios. Funds are diversified across regions, asset classes and instruments, held together with rigorous risk management and control.
Delft maintains a high standard of investment operations and administration, fully compliant with all FCA regulations and industry best practice.
We are a small, close-knit team operating a stimulating and friendly office environment in Marylebone.
The candidate will assume responsibilities in the areas of investment operations, administration and some compliance. Training will be provided, with a view to assuming full responsibilities as soon as possible. Delft values continuous learning and development of its employees and is keen to promote and support staff through external professional qualifications and relevant further education such as programming courses.
- Some experience in fund administration or a recent graduate from a reputable university
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft tools, with particular emphasis on Excel
- A responsible, self-motivated and flexible attitude, with excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate a high level of curiosity, with a genuine interest in numbers and an imaginative and energetic approach to problem solving
- Comfortable interacting with senior members of staff and external clients
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Provide daily assistance with investment operations, including problem resolutions. In particular, interaction with other service providers such as custodians, administrators and brokers, settling trades and monitoring for compliance with investment guidelines and restrictions
- Daily position and cash reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly and annual reports for clients
- Assisting the rolling over of futures and forwards, maintenance of margin accounts and exercise of options
- Compliance administration and monitoring
- Responsibility for office administration, including communication with service providers
- Ad-hoc projects
This role offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus (dependent upon performance) and generous pension scheme.