One of the world's largest institutional asset managers is looking for an exceptional mid-level compliance professional to be based in its London office to assist with PGIM's UCITS and QIF funds. About Us
PGIM is the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. ( NYSE: PRU
)  headquartered in the United States. It is a name that stands for long-term conviction in asset management. With a powerful multi-manager model and a steady hand in a volatile world, PGIM is built on strength, stability and a 140-year legacy.
PGIM operates in Europe under various entities and regulatory regimes. PGIM Limited (UK), PGIM Real Estate Ltd (UK) are authorized and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority. PGIM Limited (UK), PGIM Real Estate Ltd (UK) and PGIM Luxembourg (Lux) are also registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the United States of America. PGIM Real Estate Ltd (UK), PGIM Luxembourg (Lux), PGIM Netherlands B.V. and PGIM Real Estate AG are all registered AIFMs. PGIM's various businesses offer industry-leading investment solutions for retail and institutional investors across all asset classes, including fundamental equity, quantitative equity, public and private fixed income, real estate, commercial mortgages, and mutual funds.
PGIM launched its Irish domiciled UCITS platform in November 2013 (PGIM Funds PLC) and has approximately $7 billion in assets across 30 UCITS sub-funds managed by PGIM's affiliated fixed income, equity, and real estate asset managers. The UCITS platform offers pooled vehicles for institutional and retail investors. The QIF Funds platform was launched in June 2009 and has approximately $2 billion in assets across 7 sub-funds managed by PGIM's affiliated fixed income and equity managers. The QIF platform offers pooled vehicles for institutional investors.
The team's activities focus on: (i) development, management, and servicing of the distribution relationships; (ii) operational support for the day-to-day activities of the funds including on-going supervision of outsourced service providers; (iii) management of the governance requirements of the funds; and (iv) maintenance and development of the fund structure from a legal, compliance and regulatory perspective. Position Summary
This position will be based in London and report to the Head of Compliance for UCITS and QIF Platform based in London. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading with the day to day review of compliance and risk reports of UCITS guidelines;
- Interfacing between the UCITS/QIF funds' Administrator and other service providers and the funds' sub-investment managers in the United States and Europe;
- Assisting with managing compliance issues related to the UCITS/QIF platform;
- Assisting with identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; developing/implementing corrective action plans and mitigation strategies for resolution of problematic issues.
- Monitoring regulatory developments related to UCITS/QIF funds and assisting with implementing regulatory changes;
- Assisting with performing risk assessments of the compliance program for UCITS/QIF funds;
- Assisting with the development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures, and monitoring and testing programs for the UCITS/QIF platform;
- Providing support and advice to the business and compliance colleagues on compliance and regulatory matters;
- Supporting other members of the global compliance team with compliance-related activities as require; and
- Reporting to senior management (Compliance and business line) as required, on improvements and/or challenges faced.
The Compliance Manager will work with a team of other compliance professionals in other PGIM offices who support PGIM's business units. Ideal Person Profile
Desired Training & Experience
- You have a genuine interest in, and experience of, European financial regulation and in investments and financial markets, especially with UCITS and QIF funds.
- You can work independently and make decisions autonomously when called upon to do so.
- You are a strong team player who is inquisitive, self-motivated, industrious and prepared to constructively challenge the status quo
- You have a proven track record of operating within an asset management environment
- You are detail orientated, able to set priorities and complete simultaneous projects and be able to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- You have good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to deal with individuals at all levels of seniority
- You can critically analyse, to identify potential risks and strive to propose solutions.
What we offer
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant compliance experience.
- Knowledge of the Irish Central Bank, UK FCA, and U.S. SEC regulatory framework.
- Understanding of the complexities and nuances of the global environment.
- Knowledge of the Central Bank of Ireland's UCITS regulations.
- Previous experience with UCITS and QIF funds.
- Strong academic background: degree or equivalent
- An excellent opportunity to become part of a successful and expanding business.
- A stimulating and challenging compliance role.
- The opportunity to be a significant part of a small, focused compliance team, with the support our global parent's significant Business Ethics and Compliance Departments.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don't just accept difference-we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential.
 Prudential Financial, Inc. ("PFI") of the United States is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential plc, incorporated in the United Kingdom or with Prudential Assurance Company, a subsidiary of M&G plc, incorporated in the United Kingdom.
-Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services, some of which may not be available in your area.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.