- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Part time
Turn big plans for your career into action We are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sub-Sector Specialist to join our Manufacturing sector, with a specific focus and expertise across Chemical, Pharmaceuticals and Life sciences.
The Sub-Sector Specialist is expected to have deep knowledge of their specific sector, including all trends, regulations, industry and government bodies and relevant legislation governing the sector; as well as understanding of competitor propositions, which we can benchmark against.
Sub-Sector Specialists need to be visible at key events, related to their sector, in order to drive brand awareness, host round tables, virtual trade missions and other events focused on their sectors. They will also be expected to visit key clients and prospects within their sector; forming relationships with key industry partners.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Manufacturing Specialist - Life Science & Pharmaceuticals your main responsibilities will be
- Supporting the Sector Head in delivering the overall medium term plan for the sub-sector including reviewing specific products, specialised pricing and sub-sector policies amongst others, working with the Marketing, PR and Insights team they will also produce thought leadership pieces for the benefit of their
- target audience, both external and internal
- Visibility at key events related to the sector in order to dive brand building and awareness, as well as host round tables, virtual trade missions and other events focused on their sectors and visiting key clients and prospects within their sector
- Working closely with the wider Product areas, the Sub-Sector Specialist will have responsibility for supporting Front Office colleagues in delivering key strategic objectives and incremental full banking opportunities
- Supporting the effective management of risk through the development of a market-leading sector proposition with agreement from risk with regards to key target names and specific risk-friendly propositions
- Managing both internal and external relationships - internally with country specialists, International Directors, TB&L Directors and relationship teams in order to pitch sector-specific solutions to prospects and clients, and externally with key industry bodies and professionals in order to ensure we are front of mind in case of any opportunities
Minimum skills and experience required
- Deep sector- specific knowledge and up to date knowledge of trends within that sector and ability to assess the impacts of sector changes on the existing portfolio
- Good written and oral language skills, in order to articulate effective solutions related to the area
- Ability to speak or present, in public, and discuss our propositions to an internal and external audience
- Experience of negotiating with and influencing prospects
- Up to date knowledge of regulatory/sector specific changes in the industry
- Ability to opine on credit papers from a sector perspective, in order to influence credit decisions
Salary is competitive
Please note for part-time roles, your salary, bonus and certain benefits will be prorated down to reflect your working hours
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
The location of this role is flexible, with frequent nationwide travel required.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle.