We're recruiting a Portfolio Manager on behalf of a leading, multi-strategy investment firm. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing the commercial analytics of the firm's portfolio companies.
This is a multi-faceted and commercial role which will interface with investors, the investment team, partners, portfolio company Finance Directors and senior leadership of the firm. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing ad hoc portfolio level financial and non-financial analysis;
- Building dashboards, KPIs and reports for presentation to firmwide senior leadership;
- Engaging with the investment team to develop an understanding of investment performance and other key measures to understand portfolio company performance;
- Ensuring data that is gathered from portfolio companies is relevant, accurate, robust and consistent;
- Preparation of portfolio committee packs and portfolio performance reporting packs;
- Advising on and maintaining internal ESG policies;
- Liaising with portfolio companies to investigate and confirm reporting on ESG matters; and
- Developing strong working relationships across the business and within the portfolio.
It is essential that the successful candidate comes from one of two candidate pools:
- ACA or CIMA qualified accountant within a 'big 4' (or potentially even top 6) accountancy practice firm. You'll most have likely have worked within corporate finance, M&A, transaction services, business modelling, financial/operational due diligence. It's not expected to suit someone from a pure audit background, but it could be someone who trained in audit before moving into a more commercial team.
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified accountant employed in a portfolio reporting role within another private equity or investment management firm.
You must possess an excellent academic record, a commercial mindset and very strong Excel skills, a natural attention to detail and be communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Moreover, you'll also need enough confidence to develop good working relationships internally and externally and fit into a collegiate, entrepreneurial and down-to-earth working culture.